Digital Media Planner/Buyer
At Wildfire, our strategy team is structured to oversee all communications planning, consumer insights, research, strategic planning, and social/digital strategy projects. We believe that bringing disciplines together into a tight-knit, efficient group leads to a more holistic approach to the process and drives truly effective and breakthrough work.
As part of that team, the Digital Media Planner helps plan, buy, and report on campaigns across many different digital channels. You’ll report to the Director of Strategy and support a wide variety of clients across categories and budget levels. This is a client-facing role and you will be regularly presenting to and communicating with clients.
- Develop a deep and comprehensive understanding of clients’ businesses.
- Plan, monitor, and execute digital media campaigns. Work within major digital ad platforms (Facebook, Google AdWords, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) as well as oversee select digital media vendors.
- Manage inputs from representatives across agency disciplines to develop integrated communications plans.
- Author and present plans and campaign reports to clients. Clearly communicate campaign successes, failures, and optimizations for future campaigns.
- Coordinate media invoices and accurately track media budgets and expenses by channel and client.
- Becomes an expert in utilizing and analyzing Agency research resources/tools and business related data provided by Client.
- Proactively self-educate regarding the marketing discipline and clients’ business.
- Monitor social, cultural and industry trends and their impact on the industry and consumer behavior.
- Support the new business team during pitches and proposal development.
- Experience with Google AdWords, Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn ad platforms, and/or other digital media buying platforms.
- Ability to comfortably speak about digital media channels and tactics at both a technical level as well as a client-friendly approach.
- Excellent analytical and lateral thinking.
- Passion for learning and strong sense of curiosity.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
THE BARE MINIMUM
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a communications, media, or advertising focused area.
- 6 months – 2 years of media planning and buying experience.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.