At Wildfire, our Strategy team is structured to oversee all communications planning, consumer insights, research, and media projects. We believe that bringing disciplines together into a tight-knit, efficient group leads to a more holistic approach to the process and drives truly effective and breakthrough work.
As part of that team, the Assistant Social Media Specialist is responsible for the implementation of paid and organic social media campaigns across various platforms, client industries, and budget levels, demonstrating that digital marketing has a strong business impact through the best possible ROI. You’ll report to the Media Manager and work in conjunction with other members of the agency’s media and strategy disciplines.
The right candidate is a natural-born consultant with a strong interest in delivering upon strategies that tie into clients’ overall business objectives. They are passionately engaged with the ever-evolving digital marketing landscape and have a finger on the changes within search engines and social media platforms that can translate into campaign success. They’re not afraid to think big, are intellectually curious, and strive to be innovative and creative in the digital space.
- Assist in authoring and presenting digital media advertising strategies for clients, primarily across Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Primary responsibility for communication of all digital media campaign components prior to launch (working closely with internal account & creative teams).
- Own social media channel implementation for the agency’s paid media client roster in conjunction with the larger media team:
- Campaign Launches: Conversion tracking, tag & analytics set-up implementation, and the ability to follow instructions and load campaign settings for all social media channels according to an approved paid media plan.
- Campaign Management: Monitoring of campaign performance against client/account goals, including but not limited to audience adjustments, budget pacing, observation or in-market segments, and creative/ad copy testing.
- Budget Management: Manage pacing, daily budgets as well as overall platform or internal budget tracking processes, to reconcile client spend against planned. Make recommendations about optimization of campaign budgets based on performance.
- A/B Testing: Actively test audiences, creative, ad copy, & landing pages, as well as adopt beta features as they become available. Draft and monitor any experiments within accounts.
- Reporting: Author or contribute to bi-weekly, monthly, or quarterly reports for clients via analysis of dashboards or synthesis of campaign metrics for presentations. Analyze campaign performance into actionable insights, and recommend/implement optimizations to live or future campaigns.
- Organic Social Media: Develop and execute strategies that identify the proper channels, target audiences and messaging to help our clients effectively achieve their business goals via owned social media platforms. This includes helping to build organic followers and increase overall social engagement.
- Contribute to the development of paid and/organic social media plans & audience research strategies that may be part of integrated communications plans.
- Communicate with clients & internal teams on performance, timelines, and paid/organic social media performance in conjunction with other tactics within integrated communication plans.
- Continually immerse and be conversant in each clients’ business objectives – their key goals, competitive landscape, and industry trends.
- Stay on top of the latest trends within the digital media space, as well as updated within tools and user interfaces (Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Google Ads, Google DataStudio, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, etc). Serve as an internal resource to keep peers and account management teams up to speed on the ever-changing digital landscape.
- Participate in agency-level professional development training and all training related specifically to digital media.
- Develop a deep and comprehensive understanding of Clients’ businesses and their social media presence, across multiple industries and ad accounts.
- Assist in meeting client business objectives via execution of social media ad delivery primarily across Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of audience buying tactics & bidding strategies for paid campaigns across ad platforms.
- Assume responsibility for communication of all campaign components prior to launch (working closely with internal account & creative teams).
- Analyze & recommend campaign adjustments based on performance trends and KPIs.
- Assist in developing flighting of ad messaging & tactical execution across various media platforms, per recommendations in approved communications plans or media plans.
- Author campaign reports on activity, including analysis of content and results as well as suggested optimizations moving forward. Communicate campaign successes, failures, and optimizations for future campaigns to both internal team and client.
- Track and reconcile campaign flighting, budgets, and expenses by channel and Client.
- Proactively self-educate regarding new media opportunities (targeting, features, trends) and channels to improve Clients’ businesses.
- Become the agency expert on social media channel strategies, best practices, and consumer behavior within platforms. Actively contribute to overall account strategy, including analyzing performance against KPIs, new tactics, and tracking industry developments.
- Contribute to the development of agency level or client-level POVs relating to industry happenings in the digital media space.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a marketing, communications or related area.
- 1-2 years experience in paid digital media campaign execution (full cycle of campaigns) with proven ROI; agency experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads and Google Analytics with an understanding of platform trends. Experience with Google Ads, Google Tag Manager and DataStudio a plus.
- Experience with TikTok Ads, Reddit Ads, Pinterest Ads, Snapchat Ads, and/or Twitter Ads a plus.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) & Google Suite products (Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Calendar).
- Knowledge of and previous experience within a project management tool (Asana or similar) preferred.