At Wildfire, our strategy team is structured to oversee all communications planning, consumer insights, research, strategic planning, and social/digital strategy projects. We believe that bringing disciplines together into a tight-knit, efficient group leads to a more holistic approach to the process and drives truly effective and breakthrough work.
As part of that team, the Media Planner/Buyer helps plan, buy, and report on campaigns across all media channels. You’ll report to the Chief Strategy Officer and support a wide variety of Clients across categories and budget levels. This is a client-facing role and you will be regularly presenting to and communicating with Clients.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about new and emerging media channels, targeting opportunities, and innovative approaches. The right candidate will be comfortable planning, buying, and reporting on campaigns in both traditional and digital media. In addition, this position would occasionally manage third-party media vendors and leading the charge for researching insights and opportunities for Client challenges.
- Develop a deep and comprehensive understanding of Clients’ businesses.
- Plan, monitor, and execute media campaigns. Work within traditional media (TV, Radio, OOH, etc.) as well as major digital ad platforms (Facebook, Google AdWords, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Manage inputs from representatives across agency disciplines to develop integrated communications plans.
- Author and present media plans and campaign reports to Clients. Clearly communicate campaign successes, failures, and optimizations for future campaigns.
- Coordinate media invoices and accurately track media budgets and expenses by channel and client. Maintain budget reconciliation reports.
- Oversee and manage an Assistant Media Planner.
- Become an expert in utilizing and analyzing Agency research resources/tools and business-related data provided by Client.
- Keep account team (and Clients) abreast of media flighting and rotations, changes in targeting strategies or opportunities, updates in creative spec deliverables, etc.
- Analyze performance metrics within Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook Ad Manager, etc. Be able to clearly identify KPIs, articulate why those were chosen for the specific campaign objective and how they are measured, and provide monthly/quarterly/annually reporting to the team (both internal and Client) on successes and failures.
- Proactively self-educate regarding new media opportunities and channels to better Clients’ businesses.
- Provide expert media expertise and recommendations to the new business team during pitches and proposal development.
- Experience with Google AdWords, Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn ad platforms, and/or other digital media buying platforms.
- Experience planning/buying traditional media (TV, Radio, OOH, etc.). Understanding of how to evaluate plans and track performance within the channels.
- Familiarity with programmatic buying, geo-fencing, native advertising, look-alike targeting, and other digital targeting approaches and opportunities.
- Strong understanding of media effectiveness and how to evaluate and project results.
- Strong understanding of paid search advertising (predominantly Google and Bing).
- Strong understanding of paid social advertising.
- Significant ability to utilize Google Analytics and other analytic platforms to evaluate media effectiveness.
- Ability to derive insights and opportunities from media performance data.
- Strong analytical skill and lateral thinking.
- Ability to comfortably speak about digital media channels and tactics at both a technical level as well as a Client-friendly approach.
- Ability to work within a team and independently as needed.
- Experience with MRI, CommScore, PRIZM, and/or other media and research tools a plus.
- Passion for learning and strong sense of curiosity.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- 5+ years advertising agency experience, with at least 3 years in media planning/buying.