The Production Artist is an integral part of the Agency. They create production-ready mechanical files for all client materials and provide other production-related services. Is resourceful in meeting challenges, responsive, willing to work hard to get the job done (and done right), and has a strong sense of responsibility. Shows initiative, flexibility, attention to detail, passion for the business, and willingness/eagerness to learn. Through it all, the Production Artist works well under pressure and maintains a positive attitude. Is a highly motivated, energetic individual with an excellent work ethic and a collaborative, team-oriented attitude.
- Creates production/mechanical concepts/physical representations for review and discussion with internal and external customers
- Assists with maintaining design standards for internal/external customers
- Has strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates a knowledge of print production
- Provides production services such as production files, photography, and graphics
- Handles acquisition of photographs and illustrations
- Help conceptualize and design digital content.
- Create design elements for digital media projects, including graphics, images, web ads, backgrounds, navigational elements, animated gifs, icons, and headers.
- Collect website user feedback and respond to customer queries (as needed).
- Brainstorm solutions to customer needs.
- Creates layouts and prepares electronic files to create materials in both print and electronic form
- Prepares printing specifications for products and solicitation of bids
- Checks blue lines, color proofs and press checks
- Art directs photography when necessary for projects assigned
- Proficiency required in all Adobe CC programs (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Acrobat & XD)
- High-school diploma required
- Bachelors degree is preferred with 2-5 years of design experience