At Wildfire, our Strategy team is structured to oversee all communications planning, consumer insights, research, and media projects. We believe that bringing disciplines together into a tight-knit, efficient group leads to a more holistic approach to the process and drives truly effective and breakthrough work.
As part of that team, the Search Engine Marketing Specialist is responsible for implementation of pay-per-click/paid search campaigns across various client industries and budget levels, demonstrating that digital marketing has strong business impact through the best possible ROI. You’ll report to the Digital Media Strategist and work in conjunction with other members of the agency’s media discipline.
The right candidate is a natural-born consultant with a strong interest in delivering upon strategies that tie into clients’ overall business objectives. They are passionately engaged with the ever-evolving digital marketing landscape, and have a finger on the changes within search engines that can translate into campaign success. They’re not afraid to think big and are intellectually curious about how to build upon innovative creativity.
- Own search engine marketing implementation for agency’s PPC client roster:
- Campaign Launches: Keyword & ad copy creation/expansion, analytics set-up implementation, and the ability to follow instructions for all tools and engines according to an approved paid search plan.
- Campaign Management: Monitoring of campaign performance against client/account goals, including but not limited to search terms reports, negative keyword lists, website & category exclusions, URL/landing page audits, script creation and monitoring, GDN campaigns (contextual & remarketing).
- Budget Management: Manage pacing, daily budgets as well as overall platform or internal budget tracking processes, to reconcile client spend against planned.
- Bid Management: Implement bid strategies and optimization efforts at the campaign, ad group, & keyword levels.
- A/B Testing: Actively test keywords, match types, ad copy, & landing pages, as well as adopt beta features as they become available. Draft and monitor any experiments within accounts.
- Reporting: Author or contribute to bi-weekly, monthly, or quarterly reports for clients via analysis of dashboards or synthesis of campaign metrics for presentations. Analyze campaign performance into actionable insights, and recommend/implement optimizations to live or future campaigns.
- Contribute to development of paid search plans & keyword research strategies that may be part of integrated communications plans and/or website builds.
- Communicate with clients & internal teams on performance, timelines, and paid search performance in conjunction with other tactics within integrated communication plans.
- Continually immerse and be conversant in each clients’ business objectives – their key goals, competitive landscape, and industry trends.
Stay on top of the latest trends within the PPC space, as well as updated within tools and user interfaces (Google Ads, Google Display Network, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, SEMRush, etc). Serve as internal resource to keep peers and account management team up to speed on the everchanging digital landscape.
- 2+ years in paid search campaign execution (full cycle of campaigns) with proven ROI; agency experience preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Google Ads, Bing Ads, Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager; experience with Google’s full stack of products, Google DataStudio, Google Optimize, or Amazon Ads a plus.
- Strong experience of SEO and landing page optimization strategies.
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Word.
- Knowledge of and previous experience within a project management tool (Asana, Advantage, Basecamp, or similar) preferred.