At Wildfire, our Strategy team is structured to oversee all communications planning, consumer insights, research, and media projects. We believe that bringing disciplines together into a tight-knit, efficient group leads to a more holistic approach to the process and drives truly effective and breakthrough work.
As part of that team, the SEO/Paid Search Specialist is responsible for the implementation of pay-per-click/paid search campaigns across various client industries and budget levels, demonstrating that digital marketing has a strong business impact through the best possible ROI. You’ll report to the Media Manager and work in conjunction with other members of the agency’s strategy and interactive disciplines.
The right candidate is a natural-born consultant with a strong interest in delivering upon strategies that tie into clients’ overall business objectives. They are passionately engaged with the ever-evolving digital marketing landscape and have a pulse on the changes within search engines and social media platforms that can translate into campaign success. They’re not afraid to think big, are intellectually curious, and strive to be innovative and creative in the digital space.
- Assist Media Manager and other team members in authoring and presenting digital media advertising strategies for clients, primarily across Facebook, Instagram, Google, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Primary responsibility for communication of all digital media campaign components prior to launch (working closely with internal account & creative teams).
- Own search engine marketing implementation for the agency’s paid media client roster in conjunction with the larger media team:
- Campaign Launches: Keyword & ad copy expansion, conversion tracking, tag & analytics set-up implementation, and the ability to follow instructions and load campaign settings for all tools and channels according to an approved paid media plan.
- Campaign Management: Monitoring of campaign performance against client/account goals, including but not limited to search terms reports, negative keyword lists, bid adjustments, bidding strategies, observation or in-market segments, and creative/ad copy testing.
- Budget Management: Manage pacing, daily budgets as well as overall platform or internal budget tracking processes, to reconcile client spend against planned. Make recommendations about optimization of campaign budgets based on performance.
- Bid Management: Implement bid strategies, bid adjustments, and optimization efforts at the campaign, ad group, & keyword/ad levels.
- A/B Testing: Actively test creative, keywords, match types, ad copy, & landing pages, as well as adopt beta features as they become available. Draft and monitor any experiments within accounts.
- Reporting: Author or contribute to bi-weekly, monthly, or quarterly reports for clients via analysis of dashboards or synthesis of campaign metrics for presentations. Analyze campaign performance into actionable insights, and recommend/implement optimizations to live or future campaigns.
- Contribute to the development of paid media plans & keyword research strategies that may be part of integrated communications plans and/or website builds.
- Contribute to the development of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies by performing ongoing keyword research including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities, researching and implementing content recommendations for organic SEO success, and recommending copy and landing page optimizations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of principles of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) including, onsite and offsite best practices, web trends, Google’s suite of products, and new tools as discovered.
- Communicate with clients & internal teams on performance, timelines, and paid media performance in conjunction with other tactics within integrated communication plans.
- Continually immerse and be conversant in each clients’ business objectives – their key goals, competitive landscape, and industry trends.
- Stay on top of the latest trends within the digital media space, as well as updated within tools and user interfaces (Google Ads, Google DataStudio, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, SEMRush, etc). Serve as an internal resource to keep peers and account management teams up to speed on the ever-changing digital landscape.
- Participate in agency-level professional development training and all training related specifically to digital media.
- Develop a deep and comprehensive understanding of clients’ businesses across multiple industries and ad accounts.
- Assist in meeting client business objectives via execution of search engine marketing and search engine optimization.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of audience buying tactics & bidding strategies for paid campaigns across ads platforms.
- Assume responsibility for communication of all campaign components prior to launch (working closely with internal account & creative teams).
- Conduct keyword research to inform SEO strategy.
- Analyze & recommend campaign adjustments based on performance trends and KPIs.
- Assist in developing flighting of ad messaging & tactical execution per recommendations in approved communications plans or media plans.
- Author campaign reports on paid media activity, including analysis of content and results as well as suggested optimizations moving forward. Communicate campaign successes, failures, and optimizations for future campaigns to both internal team and client.
- Track and reconcile paid media flighting, budgets, and expenses by channel and client.
- Proactively self-educate regarding new media opportunities (targeting, features, trends) and channels to improve clients’ businesses.
- Become the agency expert on search engine marketing strategies, best practices, and consumer behavior within ad platforms. Actively contribute to overall account strategy, including analyzing performance against KPIs, new tactics, and tracking industry developments.
- Contribute to the development of agency-level or client-level POVs relating to industry happenings in the paid media space.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a marketing, communications or related area.
- 1-2 years experience in paid search campaign execution (full cycle of campaigns) with proven ROI; agency experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Google Ads, Google Analytics, Google DataStudio and Google Tag Manager; experience with Google’s full stack of products, Google Optimize, Bing Ads or Amazon Ads a plus.
- Strong experience of SEO and landing page optimization strategies.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) & Google Suite products (Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Calendar).
- Knowledge of and previous experience within a project management tool (Asana or similar) preferred.