At Wildfire, our strategy team is structured to oversee all communications planning, consumer insights, research, strategic planning, and social/digital strategy projects. We believe that bringing disciplines together into a tight-knit, efficient group leads to a more holistic approach to the process and drives truly effective and breakthrough work.
As an integral part of the Strategy team, the Social Media Manager is responsible for all things social – from planning and developing channel and content strategies, to working with the creative team to create compelling content, along with managing, executing and reporting on social campaigns. You will report to the Strategic Social Lead and work closely with Wake Forest University Athletics(client) Strategic Communications team and specific sports teams.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about college athletics, as well as new and emerging trends and innovation. The right candidate will thrive in a creative and fast paced environment and use their own inherent creativity and expertise to solve problems. This position will involve planning, executing and reporting on integrated campaigns across social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat and other social platforms.
- Serve as a social media thought-leader and advisor to a cross-functional team of representatives within both the agency and client environment.
- Develop a deep and comprehensive understanding of clients’ business.
- Day-to-day oversight of approved content plans for athletic channels.
- Manage external resources for production.
- Coordinate input from representatives across multiple agency disciplines to use in development of these integrated social media plans/recommendations.
- Serve as the “go-to” communications contact for all things social media and content marketing within the team
- Research, synthesize, and analyze information from the various channels, the client’s competitive market, as well as consumer behavior and audience trends to form recommendations of channels to best meet client Plan tactics to meet objectives.
- Author and assist with presentation of communications plans and campaign reports. Communicate campaign successes, failures, and optimizations for future campaigns to both internal team and
- Execute and moderate social media campaigns across platforms.
- Write, develop and execute posts.
- Write campaign reports on social channel activity, including analysis of content and recommendations on optimizations or enhancements moving forward.
- Track budgets and expenses by channel and
- Analyze campaign performance and prepare reports for client.
- Proactively self-educate regarding new media opportunities and channels to better clients’ businesses.
- Become the agency and client’s expert on social channels, strategies, best practices, and consumer behavior within social platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a communications, media, or advertising-focused area.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Digital and Social Media for a college, university, agency or sports organization..
- Deep experience with Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat and other major social platforms.
- Familiarity with social media management platforms/publishing & community management software such as Sprout, Hootsuite, Sendible, Buffer or similar.
- Comfortable diving into analytics and presenting results to a broad group of stakeholders
Wildfire, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.