At Wildfire, our strategy team is structured to oversee all communications planning, consumer insights, research, strategic planning, and social/digital strategy projects. We believe that bringing disciplines together into a tight-knit, efficient group leads to a more holistic approach to the process and drives truly effective and breakthrough work.
As an integral part of the Strategy team the Social Media Strategist is responsible for all things social – from planning and developing channel and content strategies, to working with the creative team to create compelling content, along with managing, executing and reporting on social campaigns. You’ll report to the Chief Strategy Officer and support a wide variety of Clients across categories and budget levels.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about new and emerging trends and innovation. The right candidate will thrive in a creative and entrepreneurial environment and use their own inherent creativity to solve problems. This position will involve planning, executing and reporting on integrated campaigns across social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, Snap Chat and other social platforms.
- Develop a deep and comprehensive understanding of Clients’ businesses, across
multiple industries and accounts.
- Coordinate inputs from representatives across multiple agency disciplines to use in
development of these integrated social media plans/recommendations.
- Research, synthesize, and analyze information from the various channels, the client’s
competitive market, as well as consumer behavior and audience trends to form
recommendations of channels to best meet client objectives. Plan tactics to meet objectives.
- Author and assist with presentation of communications plans and campaign reports.
Communicate campaign successes, failures, and optimizations for future campaigns to both
internal team andclient.
- Develop content calendars for flighting of different messaging/tactics across the various
platforms as per the communications plan.
- Execute and moderate social media campaigns across platforms.
- Write and develop and execute posts.
- Write campaign reports on social channel activity, including analysis of content and
recommendations on optimizations or enhancements moving forward.
- Track budgets and expenses by channel and client.
- Analyze campaign performance and prepare reports for client.
- Proactively self-educate regarding new media opportunities and channels to better
- Become the agency expert on social channels, strategies, best practices, and consumer
behavior within social platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a communications, media, or advertising-focused area.
- 5 years experience in advertising/marketing communications—specifically in social media
planning and execution across a breadth of channels.
- Deep experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat and other major social